Thursday, August 13, 2015

Ok, so I didn't weigh myself.  I'm afraid!  It's scary to be honest with yourself.  It's scary to see how far you have to go.  However, for me at least I feel like I have to be able to keep metrics on myself to get anywhere. Some people could lose weight without the scale and just go by how their clothes fit.  I wish I could do that, but I just wouldn't feel accountable.

I also have been having like one fuck-up a day.  I'll eat really healthy until 4 pm and then come home and it's snack city.  Or I'll do great until after dinner and decide I just HAVE to whip up a batch of peanut butter cookies.  I need to diagnose exactly what it is I need that isn't food when I do this.  Like, when I binge after work it probably has to do with being tired more than anything, so maybe a coffee or a nap would treat the real issue.  Or after dinner I'm just bored or I want something sweet.  So maybe I should go on a walk or have a Dove dark chocolate square.  It takes discipline and a lot of guts to diagnose and then act on those things, though.

I WILL weigh myself tomorrow morning! Girl scouts honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment