I have such a hard time staying on track. I forget so easily what I want and what my goals are in the moment. Like today I left the hospital and was very hungry, but not like pass out on the highway from hypoglycemia hungry, and ended up going to Bojangles for dinner. And not only did I go to Bojangles, but I got a fried chicken meal with an EXTRA side. And I didn't get healthy veggie sides, I got mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. It's like when I make a poor decision I feel like there's no point to even trying for the rest of the day (or the meal) and I might as well just keep eating terrible things.
Life gets in the way sometimes and that's also really hard to adapt to, for me at least. For example, I'm going to the beach for a couple days this weekend and then for the next two weeks working 5 days a week instead of 3. So in my mind, I'm like why even try if I'm going to be eating decadently at the beach and I don't really have a lot of time to cook at home? Might as well just eat whatever the hell I want and kick the can down the line for another two weeks, right? In two weeks I'll miraculously figure my shit out and start being healthy.
The problem is I've been saying that for about 6 years and I just keep getting fatter. I have to learn that life will always "get in the way" and I have to prioritize my goals and make better choices. There's never an easy time to make a change. I just have to up and do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment